Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"Developing Your Personal Purpose Statement-Part I" Exercise




Developing a Personal Purpose Statement
Part I
Attitude of Gratitude

I am revisiting this subject from the book because I feel we have no fully covered the topic well enough for everyone to complete the task. So here we go…

Begin with an attitude of gratitude by listing 3-5 things you are truly grateful for:


1.   I am grateful for…
Ex: I am grateful for a loving spouse (regardless whether they are or not!)
2.   I am grateful for…
Ex: I am grateful that the sun is shining today.
3.   I am grateful for…
Ex: I am grateful for the friends who love me.
And so on.

By listing the things you are grateful for you are creating a positive space in our mind to harbor feeling of gratitude. You must be in a positive place mentally to write a positive purpose statement.

Begin by clearing a space in your mind to be at peace. Tune out all the noise that is distracting you, and turn off the internal dialogue. This is your time and your time only.

If you find yourself struggling to create the space for yourself don’t stress. You may need to try again at another time. However, I would encourage you to schedule this time for yourself.

Have a piece of paper, your note taking app on your phone, or whatever device you prefer for documenting. You will need to refer back to this information in the next set of exercises so don’t lose them!

Remember that this is an exercise in what you are grateful for, and not what you are “not” grateful for. Don’t allow yourself to say things like, “I am grateful such and such didn’t happen, or so in so didn’t whatever”. You want to be grateful for anything that you have or don’t current have in your life. You are bringing the things you want into your life and maintaining them by being grateful for having them. In other words, you are manifesting the things you want in your personal life to exist.

So…begin with 3-5 things you are grateful for now. Create that time to do so, and we will move to the next step in creating your personal purpose statement.

Enjoy and Many Blessings!
Annie 

1 comment:

  1. I know I started with Part III and ended with Part I but this is very interesting has me really thinking!

    ReplyDelete