Monday, August 12, 2013

Developing a Personal Purpose Statement Part 3




Developing a Personal Purpose Statement
Part 3
First Line-Integration of Header

Now we will be taking the header statement and integrating it into a sentence that will constitute the first line of your statement. Your first line is an affirmation of positive action.

Ex: I am a courageous person and I will use my courage to aid others.

Whatever you decide on for your header will become part of your first sentence of purpose. It becomes a positive action statement as well.

Mine is: “I am a powerful woman, who purpose is to help restore the balance and harmony that has been striped of this world”.

My action is to restore “balance” and “harmony”. These are the key actions in my first line.

This may take some time to complete. I had some difficulty coming up with this first line allow space to be creative on this. Whatever you decide it must be a positive action. You also need to consider that whatever you write here must be something that can serve you no matter what your current or future circumstance are or will be. Don’t make a statement that has to continually be revisited. This is a statement that will serve for your lifetime. However, should you find yourself re-creating it down the road that’s fine. I prefer to create just one if at all possible.


1 comment: